Day 17 Sunday, October 14, 2012
prayer for revival among Church leadership
• Praise God for who He is
• Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
• Allow His Spirit to draw you near
• Listen as He speaks to you
Scripture for Reflection and Preparation
Matthew 6:9-15 “9 ‘Therefore, you should pray like this: Our Father in heaven, your name be honored as holy. 10 your kingdom come. your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 11 give us today our daily bread.
12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 and do
not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. [For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. amen.] 14 ‘For if you forgive people their wrongdoing, your heavenly Father will forgive you as well. 15 But if you don’t forgive people, your Father will not forgive your wrongdoing.’”
“6 Then i said, ‘ah, lord god! Behold, i do not know how to speak, for i am only a youth.’ 7 But the lord said to me, ‘Do not say, “i am only a youth”; for to all to whom i send you, you shall go, and whatever i command you, you shall speak. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for i am with you to deliver you, declares the lord.’”
Spirit-empowered leadership of the churches’ ministries is crucial for effective outreach.
Ask God to...
• Fill each leader with His Holy Spirit
• Surround each leader and his family with His protecting angels
• Give each leader a deep thirst for the things of God
• Give each leader a vision for what He wants their ministry to achieve
• Raise up others to engage in the ministries of your church, like ministry to the poor, the hungry, and the hurting
• Help every leader understand the important role they have in the church’s ministry
• Help each leader identify a moral issue to apply God’s truth to in the pulpit
• Thank God for hearing you
• Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will