Monday, October 1, 2012

A Taste of Something Good...

Picture this:

It's Thanksgiving day...around noon. Lots of activity, getting ready for family and dinner. The turkey's been cooking for a couple of hours, the snacks are out, and the smell of wonderful dinner getting ready is filling the air.

When it's time to cut the turkey up, that's often my job. Because of that, I have a priviledge...I often get the first taste. Just a taste...Mmmm!

I LOVE getting 'just a taste' of things being made, while they're in the process of being made..."Just a Taste", I'll say. Whether it's turkey on Thanksgiving day, or chocolate chip cookie dough before it goes in (I know, I know...). What a treat!

Well, yesterday a BUNCH of people @ Kalamamazoo Community Church got 'just a taste' of what it feels like to be stirred by the Lord...to be renewed and revived!

I have to tell you, as a Pastor, when I'm calling for a response, I never know what I'm going to see...will it be one or two people? Will anyone respond? Yesterday, the majority of the church responded (including a bunch I did not expect)!

It was awesome and beautiful to know that the Lord had touched the hearts of everyone who came forward, and motivated them to get out of their seats, come to the front and say YES! I'm ready for Revival! I want the Lord to take me to the next level of faith! I need to be renewed, and I realize that I've ____(fill in the blank) gone cold, become apathetic, compromised my faith, etc.

It seems that there are a lot of people who are hungry!

...to which the Word of God says "Taste and see that the Lord is good! Happy are those who take refuge in Him!" (Psalm 34:8)



So, what about you?

If you're a KCCer, were you one who came to the front?

If you're not a KCCer, or you didn't, let me just ask you: Are you hungry and thirsty for more in your relationship with God? Do you realize that you've 'grown cold' in your faith, and want a taste of the Lord and the passion that loving Him brings?

The psalmist wrote, "As the deer longs for streams of water,
so I long for you, O God.
I thirst for God, the living God.
When can I go and stand before him?" (Psalm 42:1-2)


That is my desire...I, personally, thirst for God...but in this case, I don't want 'just a taste'...I want it all!

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment