Day 28 Thursday, October 25, 2012
Scripture for Reflection and Preparation
Psalm 85:10-13 “10 love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other. 11 Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and
righteousness looks down from heaven.
12 The lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest.
13 righteousness goes before him and prepares the way for his steps.”
Matthew 7:12 “12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the law and the prophets.”
Ecclesiastes 2:4-5, 11
“4 i undertook great projects: i built houses for myself and planted vineyards. 5 i made gardens and parks and planted all kinds of fruit trees
in them. 11 yet when i surveyed all that my hands had done and what i had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.”
Return to Civic Morality
Public morality reinforces personal morality and brings honor to any culture.
• Praise God for who He is
• Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
• Allow His Spirit to draw you near
• Listen as He speaks to you
Ask God to...
• Help people who disagree with each other to treat each other with respect
• Remind community leaders to insist on high standards of public morality
• Give judges the wisdom to rule on obscenity issues like pornography and vulgarity
• Convict people to dress modestly in public
• Put it in the hearts of media producers to want to produce media that promotes the public good
• Help people engage in acts of kindness toward others, like helping meet human needs, improving the education system, or racial reconciliation
• Restrain Satan from encouraging violence and hatred
• Thank God for hearing you
• Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will
Copied from "Pray and ACT 40/40", The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission