Day 29 Friday, October 26, 2012
Scripture for Reflection and Preparation
13 For it was you who created my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 i will praise you, because i have been remarkably
and wonderfully made. your works are wonderful, and i know [this] very well.
15 My bones were not hidden from you when i was made in secret, when i was formed in the depths of the earth. 16 your eyes saw me when i was formless; all [my] days were written in your book and planned before a single one of them began.
1 at that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Who is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 Then He
called a child to Him and had him stand among them. 3 “ i assure you,” He said, “unless you are converted and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child—this one is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 and whoever welcomes one child like this in My name welcomes Me. 6 “But whoever causes the downfall of one of these little ones who believe in Me—it would be better for him if a heavy millstone were hung
around his neck and he were drowned in the depths of the sea!
Sanctity of Human Life
When a nation values life it brings glory to the Creator of life and instills honor in its culture.
• Praise God for who He is
• Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
• Allow His Spirit to draw you near
• Listen as He speaks to you
Ask God to...
• Convict public officials to protect and serve every member of our society including the most marginalized, voiceless, and vulnerable
• Raise up leaders to end our nation’s culture of death and recognize the equal value of all people
• Give our nation the compassion it needs to assist women struggling with problem pregnancies
• Raise up leaders to protect the weak and the vulnerable from violent attack with no favoritism, partiality, or discrimination
• Help our world leaders develop a consistent ethic of love and life for all people and all circumstances
• Convict the scientific community to end the barbaric practice of embryo destructive stem-cell research
• Help you put an end to our nation’s abortion-on-demand policies
• Thank God for hearing you
• Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will
Copied from "Pray and ACT 40/40", The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission