Day 22 Friday, October 19, 2012
Scripture for Reflection and Preparation
2 Peter 3:9-10 “9 The lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance.
10 But the Day of the lord will come like a thief; on that day the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, the
elements will burn and be dissolved, and the earth and the works on it will be disclosed.”
Psalm 42:1-2 “1 as a deer longs for streams of water, so i long for you, god. 2 i thirst for god, the living god. When can i come and appear before god?”
Psalm 119:81 “81 i long for your salvation; i put my hope in your word.”
National Thirst for God
Nations can change in an instant when people begin to thirst for God.
• Praise God for who He is
• Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
• Allow His Spirit to draw you near
• Listen as He speaks to you
Ask God to...
• Show the nation its need for His truth
• Help reveal the emptiness of false beliefs, especially regarding the value of human life, the true nature of marriage, and the importance of the church
• Reveal to people their desperate need for relationship with Him
• Cause people to see the need for biblical answers to our nation’s problems
• Draw the nation to Himself
• Create an intellectual thirst for His Word
• Turn the hearts of the lost to His church for spiritual guidance
• Thank God for hearing you
• Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will
Copied from "Pray and ACT 40/40", The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission