Saturday, September 26, 2009

What "Sticks"?

O.k., so I survived. We arrived safely home yesterday (albeit a little late). Soon we'll be sleeping on Michigan time again (I hope) and eating a US diet...

...so, is that all there is? Are we supposed to just "slip back" into "Normal", and go on with life in Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA, 2009 as if nothing's changed?

I don't think so.

Some of the things I've seen, heard, smelled...many of the people I've talked to and learned from (Ask me to show you the "African Handshake") should impact me...and I hope WILL impact me...forever.

What "sticks"?

Psalm 139:23-24 says:
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

As I let God examine my heart and teach me to remember the things He wants me to, I think there are at least 4 lessons that should "Stick":

*How to live in a materialistic society without being materialistic.
*How to live in such a way as to impact the world for the good.
*How to allow God to teach and mold us, on a continual basis.
*How to listen to, hear, and follow the Holy Spirit.

Each one of these things has implications for me, personally, for my family, and for my church, KCC.

Over the next several days, I hope to share those things with you...and to let God cause the right things to "Stick".

Here's an important point, however: You don't have to go to Africa to let those things impact you. God might be teaching you things right where you are--in fact, I'm SURE He is.

What does He want YOU to let "stick"?

No comments:

Post a Comment