Friday, September 11, 2009

The Process IS the Point!

Many of you know I'm getting ready to head to Africa next week. In the meantime, there's LOTS to do (make sure I know how to use this Blog, among other things!). So many times I look at this time of preparation as just 'something to get through' as I move on to the "main event".

But I think that's wrong...I think that kind of thinking leads to us missing TONS of opportunities for growth, impact, and glorifying God in the here and now. The "process" isn't to be merely survived...it IS important in it's own right.

The Process IS the point! In that process of preparation--whether for a big trip, a big move, a marriage, a new job, a class, or any one of a million other 'events' we prepare for, let's not miss the "God Moments" along the way.

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15-16)

I want to keep my eyes open to God in the process...because that's often where He shows up! It may be a difficult preparation, but He is right there with me in it, teaching and leading me--if I'll listen!

Don't just go from one big 'event' to the next, assuming the time in between is a waste--the Process IS the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment