Saturday, September 29, 2012

Prayer for Personal Revival
Scripture for Reflection and Preparation

Psalm 63:1-3
“1 God, You are my God; I eagerly seek You. I thirst for You; my body faints for You in a land that is dry, desolate, and without water. 2 So I gaze on You in the sanctuary to see Your strength and Your glory. 3 My lips will glorify You because Your faithful love is better than life.”

John 4:13-14
“13 Jesus said, ‘Everyone who drinks from this water will get thirsty again.
14 But whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty again—ever!
In fact, the water I will give him will become a well of water springing up within him for eternal life.’”

Matthew 5:6
“6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, because they will be filled.”

Thirst for God
Revival begins when Christians long for a closer walk with God.

Preparation
• Praise God for who He is
• Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
• Allow His Spirit to draw you near
• Listen as He speaks to you

Ask God to...
• Give you a deeper longing to walk with Him
• Reveal Himself to you
• Help you put your relationship with Him before all things
• Remind you of His great love for you
• Draw you close to Himself
• Refresh your spirit
• Renew your spiritual joy

Thanksgiving
• Thank God for hearing you
• Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will







From “Pray and ACT 40/40”, the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission

No comments:

Post a Comment