Thursday, September 27, 2012

Expectation..."What If..." (with video by Casting Crowns)

You know that feeling you got as a kid on Christmas Eve...or the night before your birtday?

That feeling of excitement and anticipation?

I've got that feeling today!

Why? Because I, along with several of my friends are starting a 40 day spiritual journey tomorrow. It's going to involve different things for different people, but I'm sure many will include a renewed emphasis on prayer and study of the Word of God, more time for meditation and reflection, more time dedicated to worship. For some, it will involve fasting in some way.

I'll be honest: It may be hard!

I can anticipate that there will be times that I am wanting to watch a movie, or spend time on my computer when God's Spirit will call out to me to turn it off and read and pray. There may be other times when some of us will want to have our favorite meal or snack, but we will be committed to a fast.

So, if this is true, why am I excited?

'Cuz I think God's going to MOVE!

I think He is going to move in my life, in our family, in our church, and in our community--as more people listen for His voice and step out to follow, I think some pretty cool "God Moves" are going to happen!

Each one enters this time with something different in mind. For many of us, we're praying about the upcoming elections and the direction of our country. For others, we're also praying, reading, and fasting for personal reasons: a clearer picture of what God has in store for our future; a spiritual revival of passion in our faith; answer to prayer regarding some issue, problem or disease...the list could go on.

Each day, we will send out a text (@kalamazoochurch on Twitter) and a facebook update (for those who are participating)to keep us on 'the same page'. There will be encouragement, growth, and inspiration.

Let's watch what God does in our lives, our church, our community, and our nation!

2 Chronicles 7:14: "If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land..."

No comments:

Post a Comment