Friday, October 2, 2009

Impact...Let it Shine!

Do you remember the childrens' song of faith, "This Little Light of Mine"?

It was all about what Jesus says in Matthew 5:13-16:

“You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.



“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father."

  
One of the lines of the song said "Hide it under a bushel? NO! I'm gonna let it shine!

I'm learning...again...that PART of the reason that the Lord has rescued us and given us New Life in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17) is to make a difference in this world! To share the the stuff that He's done in us...with others.

     For the record, I do NOT believe that this is only about 'going to heaven'...I believe it's much more than
     that.

It's about really ENJOYING an intimate realationship with our Heavenly Father...
It's about really LOVING His people, and being a blessing to them--across the church aisle, the country, and the world...
It's about CHANGING THIS WORLD to reflect the peace and wholeness that He will give.

I confess, I've been too focused on "My faith" being about "ME"!

I am His...I exist for His glory...I will live my life out for Him, no holding back!...no matter what this world says.

As the song says, "Won't let Satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine!"

Let it SHINE!
Let it SHINE!
Let it SHINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment