Thursday, January 24, 2013

Leave An Impression...A GOOD One!

Has this happened to you?

You pour yourself into something on your computer--maybe a piece of artwork, maybe a document, maybe a book...

Then you go to find it again...and it's GONE!

You search for it, you look in 'hidden files', etc.
No good. 

It's history!

You realize that all the time you invested was, in some ways, wasted.

All your research...all your creativity...toast!

It's a serious bummer!

It does make a person think, though...am I using my time wisely? 
Am I investing my moments for real impact?


Recently, I've done several Memorial Services. 

In each case, the person who has passed away is being remembered by those they left behind.

What determines the kind of memories? 
What determines the kind of impression left behind?

It's how they invested their time.

Whether they prioritized faith, family, and relationships over work, money and success.

The impressions we make aren't so much in the big 'events' of life, but more in the everyday living of life!

Psalm 90:12: "Teach us to realize the brevity of life,
    so that we may grow in wisdom." 

I don't want my life to come to an end and those I'm closest to left wondering 'what was his impact'? 

I want my life to have a HUGE, positive impact!

I want to invest myself in eternal things!

...but that cannot be done at the end. It must be done along the way.

Today, don't waste your life 'hoping' to do something big. 
Instead, invest wisely every minute you have!

Point people to Christ.
Invest in your family.
Make 'deposits' in the 'relationship' bank...

THAT kind of 'investment' can never be lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment