Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What Next? HOPE! (With great video!)

One of my kids asked me this morning...

"So, given the outcome of the election, do you consider your fast a failure?"


It was a good question...and it got me thinking about the REASON we fast and pray..



There are Good Reasons, and bad...

A Bad reason to fast and pray would be to manipulate God--to try to 'get Him to do my will'.

Some Good Reasons to fast and pray would be to conform my will to His; to rid myself of things that distract me from hearing His voice; to 'Learn to Discern' His leading.

So, IF the reason I fasted and prayed was to 'get my way' in the election, then yes...I would say it was a failure.

However, that's not the actual reason I did. Rather, I was fasting and praying in order to hear God's voice in my life. I wanted to sense His leading on several things--certainly my vote and the leadership of the country, but also my own concerns...things about my own future, and that of my family and our church. This was definitely successful. I also wanted to apply the Spiritual Fruit of Self-Control--and I was successful at that. I wanted the Lord to create Spirit-led momentum in our church, our leaders, etc...and He has DEFINITELY done that!

So, was our fast a 'success'?

In every eternal, spiritually-impacting way, I can say a confident YES!

To be sure, there are a lot of lessons that come out of yesterday's elections. There are questions about the direction of our country, the role of the Church in our nation, the morality that exists in the U.S., including the 'us vs. them' mindset, even the future of the United States as a country, and its role in the end times...all are legit subjects (and I'll be studying, praying, and blogging about those things in the future).

But there is one question I have for you:


What's Next for YOU?

Are you going to keep praying, keep fasting, keep trying to be sensitive to God's leading?

OR, are you going to go back to life 'the way it was'?


I know this: I'll keep praying. I'm going to keep reading the Word and get on my knees before the Lord.

I know that HE IS OUR HOPE!

"To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God.
Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame,
but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.
Show me your ways, O Lord,teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long." (Psalm 25:1-5)


No comments:

Post a Comment