Day 40 Tuesday, November 6, 2012—Election Day!
prayer for Wisdom to Elect the
Scripture for Reflection and Preparation
Leviticus 19:18 “18 Do not take revenge or bear a grudge against members of your community, but love your neighbor as yourself; i am the lord.”
Matthew 22:38-39 “38 This is the greatest and most important commandment.
39 The second is like it: you shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
James 2:8 “8 if you really carry out the royal law prescribed in Scripture, you shall love your neighbor as yourself, you are doing well.”
God’s People to Vote
God’s people led by God’s Spirit must help the nation choose its leaders.
• Praise God for who He is
• Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
• Allow His Spirit to draw you near
• Listen as He speaks to you
Ask God to...
• Prevent anything from happening that would prevent you from voting
• Help churches find ways to help Christians get to the polls to vote
• Convict Christians of their spiritual responsibility to vote
• Lead Christians to vote according to biblical values rather than for a party
• Lead Christians to vote according to biblical values rather than personal benefit
• Help you understand His will for the future of the country as you prepare to vote
• Help you share with your church the importance of voting
• Thank God for hearing you
• Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will
Copied From "Pray and ACT 40/40", The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission