Friday, August 10, 2012

I Want My Life to be about this...

We all have purpose in life.

We all have goals, aspirations.

Each of us, whether we realize it or not, live our life as though it is "about"...something!

The only question is, "What?"

What is YOUR life about?

Money?
Success?
Family?
Good looks?
Leisure?

None of these things are 'wrong', per se.

But I think there's a better way: One which really transforms our lives from those that are all about the here and now, to a life which is all about something that will last--forever!

What is it?

Living for the glory of God!

Living to give Him glory and praise is really the only goal which will outlast the next generation or so.

Who are we kidding? For many of us, we live in such a way that the impact we leave behind is VERY short-lived. A couple of generations after we're gone, there may be no real impact from our years on earth.

After all, not many people have hospital wings named after them. Not many people are able to fund ongoing scholarships.

But each and every one of us can live for the glory of God! We can each point people toward the love of God, as seen in Jesus Christ, and enable them, through faith, to have ETERNAL life!

"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

Hard to think of anything that will outlast that!

No comments:

Post a Comment