Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Best Gift EVER!

What was the best Christmas Gift YOU ever got?

For me it had to be the GI Joe Headquarters-- complete with searchlight and morse-code station; or maybe the GI Joe Training Tower, with the 'zip line" and another search light.

There were some REALLY good gifts I got when I was a kid.

Now, our kids (like most) are asking for more 'technology-driven' games, etc.

What will be their 'best-ever gifts'?


I'm realizing, as I've gotten (ahem!) older...that the gifts that I thought were the best really weren't. In fact, I got rid of them a few years later. Some were broken, others just unused.

The gifts that have stuck with me?

Relationships!

I am thankful for both of my parents, my wonderful wife and kids, my siblings, and my friends--some of YOU!

These relationships--with the love, commitment and faithfulness they have, are the things that really matter.

Come to think of it, the Most Important Relationship I have--that with God, through the Lord Jesus Christ--is the most long-term, committed, faithful relationship I could hope for!

Newsflash: Christmas is 10 days away!

As the Christmas season winds down, I'm SURE there will be frenzy! I'm SURE we'll be doing some last minute shopping, baking, etc.

I'm pretty sure it'll be hectic at times.

But I'm equally sure that the best gift I hope for this year is to be near those I love, to spend real time with them, to enjoy them, and to direct each other to the God who loves us.

I hope and pray that we don't lose that focus within the next 10 days...and that you and your family and friends embrace and appreciate the 'gift' that you are to one another!

Take some time to share some love with each other this Christmas!

Remember Jesus' own words: "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” (John 13:35)


Blessed Christmas,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment