Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Advising God (With video)

I am wise.
I know all things.
I can see the end from the beginning.
I know how circumtances should work together.

...or at least, this is the way I act sometimes!

There are many times that I 'Advise' God as to what should be...
"Lord, make this happen..."; "Lord, make him do that...";
Very often it would work out in my favor--if God took my advise.

But I am NOT God.
I do NOT know all things.
I can only see the here and now.
...and I can't possibly know how all circumstances will work together.

There is one ONE who can...

"33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!

34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?”

35 “Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay them?”

36 For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen." (Romans 11:33-36)


Rather than 'advising' God, I must submit to Him.
Rather than telling Him what to do, I must take the time to learn from Him, hear His voice, and follow His leading.

I know that His is the best way.

Now, if I could just live it out!

Lord, I love you and know that you are Wise, powerful, and sovereign over the circumstances in my life. Help me to trust you. Help me to submit my will, my desires, and my future to you. Help me to learn to listen to the Holy Spirit's voice and follow in faith. Help me to learn to 'release' the circumstances and the outcome to You--in faith! Help me Trust in You alone!

1 comment:

  1. A humble stance will never block your view of God. Good words Dave.

    ReplyDelete