Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wonderful Counselor

The Child.
The One who would come and offer us Light, instead of Darkness.

He would offer us LIFE instead of death, FREEDOM instead of slavery...

And He would offer us more!

"And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor..." (Isaiah 9:6)

What does it mean that Jesus is our Wonderful Counselor?

Among other things, it means that He is the source of Truth, He is the source of our wisdom, He is the key that unlocks the door to God--and all that God promises.

Jesus said it this way:

"I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father, except by me." (John 14:6)

He said "I am the Gate" (John 10:7)

"I am the Good Shepherd" (John 10:11-14)

"I am the door" (John 10:9).

Jesus--the Child of Isaiah 9, and of the Christmas Story--is the the key to it all.

All the wisdom we need for life--faith in Him opens it up.

He sends us (as seen in John 15 and 16) "the Counselor"--the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit helps us to understand Jesus' words, as well as the entire Scripture. The Holy Spirit changes our hearts and minds, making our character more like Christ's.

God--the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit--"Counsels" us in the sense that He teaches us how to live. The Word of God--the Bible--is the key to understanding His ways, His heart, His character...and that "Child" is the key to it all.


If I let it, this will impact everything in life!

My relationships, my thoughts and actions, my work, my money, my time...EVERY AREA of my life is impacted by this "Wonderful Counselor".



Have you ever been to a 'counselor'? Ever received 'counsel' from a wise and caring friend? What is the key to it?

Our response.

If we respond to this counsel in a humble, teachable way then we will benefit from it.

If, however, we write it off or shut it out, then the best counsel in the world will do us no good!

The absolute Best Counselor in the Universe is right here--represented by the Child at Christmas.

This Christmas, I'm asking God to help me continue to seek, listen to, understand, and be changed by, this Wonderful Counselor...will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment